Monday, February 15, 2010

A Single Valentine

Well, I'm pretty sure that you can tell by the date of this blog entry that yesterday was February 14th, Valentine's Day. The day that society tells you that if you are anybody, worthy of an ounce of love, you would have celebrated this weekend and told over and over, just how special and wanted you are. If you didn't have anyone telling you just how special and wanted you are, then according to conventional wisdom of the "world", you pretty much suck and most likely are better off dead.

Thank goodness I'm out of that stage but obviously many others are still there and I am starting to get a bit annoyed by them. For the most part, I think they don't mean any harm however, they aren't considerate enough to think of how this line of questioning may appear to the other person. Now, please know that I'm not bitter just because I'm not "loved by man" and I think Valentine's Day is great. I'm just not ready to end it all and jump into the Potomac because I don't have a Valentine's Day date and I'm quite tired of those that act like, I have a problem because I'm content at this moment in my single state.

One year I went out with some of the other ladies from my Queen Esther class at church and we had a great time. I thought about doing that again this year but with the weather, I decided to just stay home and chill and work on some things. I wasn't upset, sad or had any ill feelings towards not being out there with the coupled masses. Now, hopefully, this doesn't mean that God is changing my heart to accept my single state as this is where I'll be forever. I'm still believing in a husband. But I've finally grown and matured as a person, as a Christian to know that I want the one that God has for me, when I'm ready to receive him and if I'm to be 100% honest, I'm simply not ready to receive him. That has been proven by the mishaps that I've made in past relationships.

I still have so much work to do on me before I'm ready for that type of committment. I was really content yesterday with spending time with God and seeing Him as my special Valentine. Yes, it sounds cheezy and yes, it sounds like one of those things when people give themselves a self hug to feel better. But it's true, I'm finally at that point in my life, at least with the issue of being content where I am until God brings the right one a long. This does not mean that I will not have periods of lonliness and start to feel discouraged however, God's word says that He will send the Holy Spirit, my comforter to comfort me during my times of lonliness. He also does this by the wonderful friends that He has placed in my life. I look at my true friends and I know that God is at work in my life for the unconditional love and acceptence that they show me and until my "Mr. Right" is ready to accept me unconditionally faults and all, I'm perfectly content in my single state, still being transformed by Him every day.

2 comments:

  1. Get a pet and wait for GOD to send that man. You will never be lonely and who knows, the man GOD has for you may be out walking his pet while you walk your's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even the men feel this way to some extent from this side of the spectrum.

    ReplyDelete